Lean Start 4 HD Complete
Lean Start 4 HD Complete
About the Product
LEAN START 4 HD Complete is a pelleted product designed for pigs 40 to 70 days of age. Its unique nutrient combination provides consistent, cost competitive performance in early weaned pigs. LEAN START 4 HD Complete should be fed as a follow-up product to LEAN START 2 Complete and LEAN START 3 Complete starter feeds.
Helps reduce feed wastage because the pellet is an ideal size for young pigs to eat. It results in improved gains and feed efficiency.
Choice White Grease
Consistency and quality are critical when feeding fat. Using a stabilized source of high quality choice white grease helps rapidly growing pigs get more energy from the feed.
Synthetic Amino Acids
Provides amino acid balanced nutrition while restricting exposure to soybean meal anti-nutritional factors. High levels of synthetic amino acids allow for more grain which increases the energy level of the diet. L-lysine, DL-methionine, and L-threonine are added in the proper ratios to improve growth and feed efficiency.
Improves phosphorus and trace mineral digestibility, thus allowing for less total phosphorus and other trace minerals to be fed and excreted in the manure. Allows for reduced calcium for increased diet acidity. Also improves amino acid utilization and energy availability.
Fortified with Se, Cu, Zn and Vitamin E
Balanced vitamin and mineral fortification is essential for optimizing nutrient utilization, metabolism, improved disease resistance and pig survival. Promotes growth rate, feed conversion and overall performance.
Added Mold Inhibitors and Anti-Oxidants
Helps prevent the growth of toxin producing molds and assures fresh, safe feed for young pigs.
AMINO SCIENCE? Formulation
Maintains proper amino acid ratio by formulating rations on a digestible amino acid basis. The amino acid to energy balance of the ration is optimized to provide maximum lean gain in the young pig.
|Crude Protein, min %||20.0|
|Lysine, min %||1.5|
|Crude Fat, min %||?5.5|
|Crude Fiber, max %||3.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min %||0.5|
|Calcium (Ca), max %||1.0|
|Phosphorus (P), min %||0.6|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||0.4|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||0.9|
|Selenium (Se), min||0.3 ppm|
|Zinc (Zn), min||120 ppm|
|Phytase (Asergillus Niger), min||227 FTU/lb.*|
*One unit of phytase activity (FTU) is defined as the quantity of enzyme which liberates 1 micromol of inorganic phosphorus per minute.
LEAN START 4 HD Complete should be fed to pigs from 40 to 70 days of age. Feed consumption will depend on weaning age, weaning weight, environment and production goals. Age is more important than pig weight, but typical pig weight range would be 25 to 60 pounds.
Nursery Management Guidelines
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide 1 nipple waterer for every 10 pigs positioned at shoulder height.
- ?Monitor and adjust ventilation?prevent drafts. Factors influencing ventilation decisions include:
– moisture from condensation
– air speed across animals
– odor and gas concentration
– combustion emissions from heaters
- Monitor air quality. As pigs grow larger and become more crowded, air quality is affected. Studies have proven that daily feed intake is decreased by 3.9% for each 1? F. increase in effective temperature when temperatures reach 77? F or above.
- Humidity is one of the first signs of poor air quality. Levels between 50% and 60% are ideal.
- Continually monitor pigs for any signs of stress or abnormalities.
- Check feeders for proper adjustment. 50% of the trough bottom should be covered with feed.
This product has been formulated specifically for swine and is not intended for other species. Do not feed to cattle or other ruminants.